Monday, December 1, 2008

Laughing

Everyday I have one goal and it is: to make Henry laugh. What amuses him one day will not the next, so I have to get creative. I have, though, discovered two things that make him laugh consistently. They are tickling his belly/chest/shoulders, and singing songs. I discovered that singing songs makes him laugh when I was putting him into his car seat one night. He hates to be strapped in and so I try to distract him so he doesn't cry.
One night while I was strapping him into his seat I started singing the Barney song, "I Love You, You Love Me", and he cracked up! This is pretty ironic because when I was little my mom didn't allow me to watch Barney. I guess it's because he's really corny and lovey, thus, kind of creepy. I didn't cry about it then. And, Henry laughs at it now. It's great.

This second video is of Todd making Henry laugh by tickling him.

5 comments:

cornnut32 said...

laughing babies are the best. i'm always trying to get my baby to laugh too...i've found that he is really giggly at night just before bed when he's tired. i look at him and he laughs hysterically!

Becky said...

Awww, laughing babies are so fantastic! It's my favorite noise in the world. The only thing that makes it better is when you have two (or more) kids and the older sibling makes the baby laugh. Pure magic.

And so, so funny he laughs at Barney. I think we all do. ;o)

The Garcias said...

He is adorable. Isn't it so much fun being a mom? It was great to see you the other day at Wymount. We miss it there, even though we visit a lot... Have a great day!

Lindsey S. said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

ahh! He is so cute
Thanks rachel!- I am having her in about 3 weeks!
Henry is so stinking cute!