Monday, March 2, 2009

Bachelorette Karaoke Party

Last week one of my very best friends got married. We've been friends since elementary school, through Jr. high, high school, and we were even roommates through college. We have the same name, the same birth month, and the same color of hair and eyes. We've been through the good times and the bad together, and I couldn't be happier for her now.
So, we celebrated her exodus from single life and entrance into the very huge and unknown life of the marrieds. We did this the best way we know how: a Karaoke party! We sang the best of Celine Deon, Cyndi Lauper, Bette Midler, and the Beach Boys; and we ate cookies, chips and dip, pitas and cheese, tootsie rolls, apple beer, and pina coladas.
Although many of us had not hung out for a couple years due to missions, getting married, and jobs, it was like no time had past. I relished in the same wise cracks, silliness, lame stories (told by me), and frankness that I enjoyed when we were roommates. These girls nights out (GNOs) are good for my soul--at least every once in a while. I know they would hate me for posting videos, so I'll just post pictures instead. :)
Mary and Brooke:
Rachel squared:
Alpha and Ashton:

Brooke, Meg, Katie, and Rachel:
Eating:

Cheers to Rachel and Blake!

No comments: