Saturday, October 3, 2009

I love technology

This weekend is General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Most, well probably all of you, are Mormon so I'm sure you're all aware of that fact, but I thought I'd inform you anyway. We listen to the prophet, apostles and other general leaders of the Church talk about the gospel of Jesus Christ and our role in building His kingdom on the earth today.
Anyway, the way "I love technology" and my talk of General Conference (GC) connect is this:

Growing up in Utah I was able to watch GC in the comforts of my home in live time. It was a definite luxury when members outside of UT would have to sit in a church and watch it via satellite (and that can be long when it's 8 hours over 2 days) and members outside of America would have to read it in the Ensign/Liahona weeks after the conference. Later the internet made it a lot easier for many families to see conference in live time on their laptops at home, but things have become even better.

Todd and I have been able to connect our laptop to the TV and watch conference on our TV as it is happening, in our own house, and it is actually a really great picture and sound! And for this I love technology.

No comments: