Monday, March 1, 2010

Date update

Hello all!

I felt I should get back to you about the date Todd and I went on a few weeks ago.
It was amazing!!
A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor was so entertaining. We saw a live broadcast at our local Savoy 16. The theater was packed. Packed with people generally over 40, but some young-ins like us.
Anyway, the show featured Elvis Costello, Jearlyn and Jevetta Steele (sisters), Robin and Linda Williams, and my favorite, Heather Masse, (among others who performed).
My favorite Heather Masse song was, Secret Love. Oh, it is wonderful, and totally romantic.

I never really realized how much goes into making a radio show--the band, all the sound effects (created by people and objects), and the occasional improvisation--it's amazing. I am duly impressed. To top it off, Garrison's News from Lake Wobegon was as clever, funny, and true as it always is. He just sat on a bench and rattled it all off the top of his head, no notes or anything.

My favorite part of the show was sitting next to Todd, holding his hand and glancing over at him wondering how I got so lucky!

(Click on any of the names to find a link to their websites.)

No comments: