Monday, March 29, 2010

Kickapoo


What a name, right? It was a little more beautiful than you might expect!!

On Saturday Henry missed his Easter Egg hunt at the church. It was scheduled for 1 o'clock and despite trying to keep him up to go, he requested around 12:30, "Sleep. Bed. Light off." We couldn't deny him his nap. Shoot. We decided we'd have to do an Easter egg hunt later.

So, after his nap we hopped in the car and had a family day at Kickapoo. It has already become one of our family favorite getaways in Illinois. There are trails, meadows, play areas, camping sites, a river, and a small lake where you can scuba dive, canoe, and ride paddle boats. I almost felt like I was in Utah again! (Not that I don't love Illinois, but the mountain-ish feel of Kickapoo was much appreciated.) We hiked around for about an hour and, like a Freestone with Turley legs, we found that Henry LOVES hiking and puddles and leaves and mud.
We'll have to return soon.

Coaxing Henry to follow us. He couldn't get enough.


The very weathered bench.


The family.


1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Kickapoo? I have never heard of that place! It sounds wonderful. I've been trying to find places just like this for some summer adventures. Have you been to Lake of the Woods? I have heard of it but I don't know if it's any good.

Cute pictures of a cute family!