Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Annex

A few weekends ago we headed down to the St. Louis temple and met up with our great friends, the Burtons, so we could swap kids and both attend the temple.

The five boys and I had a ball together for 2 hours in the temple's annex.

Highlights:

Truman cracking up at nothing, many times. He has a gift to be easily entertained and pleased.

Caressing Truman's head. He has the softest, chubbiest skin. So cute.

Theo napping in the woman's bathroom/changing room. I guarded it with my life and directed women to the small bathroom so they wouldn't wake him. He was so tired and didn't care he wasn't in a crib.

Jack making and flying awesome paper airplanes.

Babying Alaster. I put him down for a "nap" under the chairs. He cooed and giggled.

Reading books to the boys.

Feeding them. I had a lap full of food and just kept delivering. I'm bracing for the teenage years when boys will eat me out of house and home. I'm realizing that building men takes a lot of food.

Watching Henry bound around, racing and showing his Cosmo moves. Ever since the last issue of the BYU magazine he has become fascinated with Cosmo and has even developed some Cosmo moves. He hops on one foot, does a 180 turn, forward rolls, head stands (against the wall), and more. Look out Cosmo 2030.
Henry's comin' to Cougar town!

Anyway, these boys were a kick. I would do it again any time.

Everyone minus Truman. I couldn't put that sweet boy in a locker. It would have been cruel. Theo, on the other hand, gladly climbed in.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Oh! I LOVE that picture! And what sweet things you said! Did you know that you are the first non-family person Truman has ever been left with? So far he has been with me, Corey and Gram. That's it! Anyone else and I would have been worried, but not with you! What a cute group of boys. Thank you again so much for doing that for us! I am glad you had a good time. We did too when it was our turn! Cute, cute, cute. Loving all these updates!