Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DC in Pictures

 I had a great time in DC two weekends ago. Todd stayed home with the boys so I flew solo! I loved seeing friends, family, and some of the DC sites. 

My lovely friends:
Jenny with Jackson
 Meg with Ivy
 Rach, Meg (with Ivy), Erin, Jenny (with Jackson) and me

Around the capitol:

  I thought this was the U.S. Dept. of Treasury, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone know?
My trusty friend, Rachel, just reminded me, it's the SUPREME COURT!
(Oh, I am so embarrassed.)

 

 
 The capitol building


Inside the dome of the capitol


On our way to lunch discussing popular TV.

Meg, Alpha, Jenny and Rach eating a delicious lunch. 
I had a free-range turkey burger with avacado, Swiss, and other good stuff



AND, my wonderful family:
We dined at a great fish restaurant in Old Alexandria Saturday evening, played at the park Sunday morning and went to church.
 Matt, Oliver, and Jess

 Matt watching his dog Floyd on the Potomac River

   Oliver was so adorable and sweet. I'm so glad I finally got to meet him. We were fast buddies. 
I can't wait for Henry and Theo to meet him!


I loved my time with friends and family but was excited to see my hubby and boys again. 
I didn't feel quite complete without them!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Good thing I kept my tour sticker on my shirt all day...

Rachel said...

That's the Supreme Court :) Miss you!

Unknown said...

Looks like it was a great trip! Your pics make me want to spend more time at our country's capitol. How beautiful!