Monday, August 6, 2012

The Fourth


Oh . . .

CRASH!
my 

BASH!
its

BANG!
the

ZANG!
Fourth

WHOOSH!
of
BAROOM!
July

WHEW!

-Shel Silverstein

Real fireworks? 
No, not this year. They come out too late for our chillins.
We lived it up, though, with a filling BBQ at our church, a few readings of America: A patriotic primer (which the boys surprisingly liked), swimming, and a bike ride to Marble Slab for some delicious ice cream. 

How blessed we are to live in this wonderful country! I'm thankful for this blessing everyday of my life.

Needless to say, Happy Independence Day (like a month ago). Better late than never, right?

On a more current, but still patriotic theme: Go Team USA! 
Ahhh, we love the Olympics and are so amazed by our Olympians!!

P.S. The pictures of the trees, oh and Todd and I, are compliments of our budding photographer--Henry. Thanks, bud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute cute! I love the little poem (?) at the beginning and their darling little outfits. Perfect for the fourth of July! I'm so excited to start dressing Eva and Genna in matching clothes just like your boys!

Erin said...

Love that bike! Your family is just picture perfect! Hope I get to see you again soon!